The Effects of Adipex on Insomnia
Insomnia is another side effect that you can expect to experience if you are taking Adipex, but the exact percentage of people who suffer from it was not reported during clinical tests. Some suggestions that might help if you experience sleepless nights while taking Adipex would be to take the medication earlier in the day, talk with your healthcare provider about other treatments, or improve your sleep habits.
Does Adipex Cause Insomnia?
It is reported that insomnia is a probable side effect of taking Adipex-P, but the precise percentage of people who experience this side effect is now known. Since it acts like a stimulant, this explains the reason for insomnia in some people who use it.
How Do You Know if You Have Insomnia
It is important to understand the symptoms of insomnia, although it is very common in some people. If you experience any of the following symptoms, you may suffer from it as well:
* Having trouble going back to sleep, after waking up often during the night
* Sleep that is not energizing or satisfying
* Difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep
* Awakening too early in the morning
Suggestions on Improving Your Intake
If you take Adipex-P late in the evening you definitely will stay awake through the night, so make sure that you take it earlier in the day to avoid losing sleep. Practicing good sleeping habits will help you to overcome insomnia and will prove to be a safer method for sleeping through the night. Below are some suggestions to help you sleep soundly throughout the night:
* Thirty minutes before your bedtime, try to relax by reading, listening to soft music, or by taking a warm bath.
* Avoid eating your biggest meal two hours before your bedtime.
* If you have not fallen asleep in twenty minutes, go to another room and do some type of quite, relaxing activity, then return to bed as soon as you feel sleepy.
* Stay away from alcohol, nicotine, and coffee if you plan to go to sleep within four to six hours.
* The temperature in the room where you sleep should be pleasant, and the room should be quiet and dark.
* Make a habit of going to bed and waking up at the same times each day
* Take a nap earlier than 3:00 p.m.
* Try to exercise five to six hours before bedtime; it may help you to sleep sound. Avoid exercising two hours before your bedtime.
Summing Up the Issues
Your healthcare provider cannot know in advance if you will develop insomnia while you are taking Adipex-P. It can be challenging to know if these problems are caused by taking this or some other drug, if a person develops it.
Be sure to consult your healthcare provider if you develop insomnia while you are taking it. He or she can recommend other treatments or have you try another weight loss drug, or adjust your dosage of Adipex-P.